About the Carousel
About the Band Organ
About America's Carousels
Take Our Visual Tour
/Get Directions from Google Maps
* Operated by volunteers
* 68 horses, 2 chariots
* Built 1914 by Philadelphia
INDToboggan Company (PTC33)
* At Minnesota State Fair 75 years
* Rescued from auction in 1988
* Named for benefactor G.L. Cafesjian
|100th Birthday Season!
Saturday, July 26: Step Back in Time...Visit with history interpreters in character as Minnesotans of 1914 come to see the new carousel. More info
Thursday, July 31: Clothespin Drop day
On display: Charming menagerie figures from the collection of the late G.L. Cafesjian.
Kids 12 and under, download a coloring page, color it and bring it to Cafesjian's Carousel by August 9 to be eligible for a prize drawing.
August 9: Giant 100th Birthday Party. Open 11-6. Old-fashioned games and treats noon to 3; brief ceremony 3-3:45; free rides 3:45-6. Park at State Fair lot on Como and ride the Como Park Shuttle.
|Now Available at the Carousel... |
* State Fair Carousel, Saving a Minnesota Treasure. Our book about the history of the old state fair carousel now called Cafesjian's Carousel, and the community effort that saved it from auction.
* By Special Arrangement. A new CD of 32 tunes played by our band organ, chosen for their tuneful arrangements.
Like us on Facebook...
and get updates, events, interesting facts, and more. Facebook.com/cafcarousel.
...and leave a review on travel site
This site is maintained by Our Fair Carousel, Inc.,
not-for-profit owner and operator of Cafesjian's Carousel,
1245 Midway Parkway, St. Paul, Minnesota 55103; 651-489-4628
Created and maintained by Nancy Peterson. Last updated 7/24/2014.