About the Carousel
About the Band Organ
About America's Carousels
Take Our Visual Tour
/Get Directions from Google Maps
* Operated by volunteers
* 68 horses, 2 chariots
* Built 1914 by Philadelphia
INDToboggan Company (PTC33)
* At Minnesota State Fair 75 years
* Rescued from auction in 1988
* Named for benefactor G.L. Cafesjian
|Celebrate Our 100th Birthday!
August 9: Giant 100th Birthday Party. Open 11-6. Rides at regular price ($2) 11-3.
Noon to 3: Old-fashioned games and treats (mini-cupcakes, root beer floats)
3-3:45: Brief ceremony
3:45-6: Free rides
Also: band organ rally, with small organs scattered in the park.
Parking will be tight. Park at State Fair lot on Como and ride the Como Park Shuttle.
Kids 12 and under, download a coloring page, color it and bring it to Cafesjian's Carousel by August 9 to be eligible for a prize drawing...or color a page while you're at the carousel on Saturday.
On display through August: A beautiful Dentzel carousel tiger from the collection of the late G.L. Cafesjian.
|Now Available at the Carousel... |
* State Fair Carousel, Saving a Minnesota Treasure. Our book about the history of the well loved old state fair carousel now called Cafesjian's Carousel, and the community effort that saved it from auction 25 years ago.
* By Special Arrangement. A new CD of 32 tunes played by our band organ, chosen for their tuneful arrangements.
|Like us on Facebook... |
and get updates, events, interesting facts, and more. Facebook.com/cafcarousel
This site is maintained by Our Fair Carousel, Inc.,
not-for-profit owner and operator of Cafesjian's Carousel,
1245 Midway Parkway, St. Paul, Minnesota 55103; 651-489-4628
Created and maintained by Nancy Peterson. Last updated 8/7/2014.